Job Description & Requirements
The Field Safety Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the safety program on his/her assigned projects and is accountable to management and the Safety Director. This Position will be responsible for fulfilling the full-time safety requirement on jobs as required, this employee will report to jobsites with the field crews at start times as required.
1. Administer all phases of the established company safety program on project and is
responsible for obtaining results.
2. Establish with field staff a clear understanding of each supervisor’s responsibilities and
3. Develop a safe job procedure for unusual or hazardous job operations.
3. Regularly review the project’s safety performance and acts as may be necessary.
4. Complete daily inspections of: The work area, the equipment to be used, the crews fall protection equipment, the Coreslab foreman’s safety paperwork, and any other equipment or machinery as required.
5. Document all findings of safety hazards and incidents through our Safety 101 (cloud-based software).
6. In the event of a fatal or major catastrophe, investigate according to prescribed
7. Maintain effective and prompt lines of communication of safety matters through all lines of supervision, up to and including the safety director.
8. Review and evaluate the individual safety performance of all members of the crew,
provide guidance and training where necessary to improve performance.
9. Ensure that if unsafe conditions are discovered they are immediately corrected, or the job is
shut down until the condition is corrected.
10.The primary function of the Safety Coordinator is to maintain a high level of presence in the field, most of the Safety Coordinator’s time must be spent in the field making jobsite observations and ensuring that all unsafe acts and conditions are abated.
11. They shall conduct and document safety inspections weekly for our employees and those of our lower tiered subcontractors. The weekly inspection reports are to be completed on the Safety 101 program and distributed to all applicable parties.
12. Cooperate with the Project Manager, Field Operations manager, and Safety Director to maintain safe work operations on the site.
12. Responsible for initiating and following up with permits for Hot Work, Confined Space, Etc.
13. Safety Representative Meetings & Site Walks: The Safety Coordinator is required to attend all weekly project meetings, safety representative meetings, or meetings requested by the General Contractor, At the direction of the Safety Director.
13. The Safety Coordinator is required to initiate disciplinary procedures when safety policies and procedures are violated, or at the request of Coreslab management or GC. Documentation of disciplinary actions shall be provided to the safety director within 24 hours.
14. Report any unsafe acts or conditions that are observed while onsite. These must be reported and abated as soon as possible. Provide written documentation of corrective actions to the GC, and the safety director.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The qualified candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of OSHA standards and the ability to conduct training for each discipline.
• Have working knowledge and ability to perform the Essentials Functions listed in this job description.
• Have solid interpersonal skills, must be able to work well with the construction project site team, owners and construction management firms.
• Must have the ability to speak with construction workers in a respectful, coaching manner.
• Must have the ability to use the power of persuasion to elicit behavioral change.
• Must be familiar with heavy construction tools, equipment, materials, and methods of construction.
• Familiarity with Pre-Cast erection preferred.
• Moderate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Sitting during study periods, meetings, seminars, and training sessions.
• Must be willing to be on call and respond to emergency situations at any time of day.
• Seeing and observing at close proximity and at a distance in observing and making visual assessments at job sites.
• Walking job sites and other locations, including excavations, scaffolds, roofs and elevated platforms, to observe the work.
• Listening to conversations and responses at job sites, job offices, and other locations where noise levels exist.
• Using phones, radios, and hand signals.
• Lifting and carrying of training and clerical materials and safety equipment.
• Ability to drive a vehicle to job site visits and attend meetings on behalf of the company.
• The job involves exposure to all weather conditions for extended periods, including hot, cold, wet, and humid conditions, as well as exposure to high noise levels and working in elevated or excavated areas. Job sites typically will include uneven surfaces and may require climbing ladders and scaffolding to review site safety equipment.
Company Benefits Package Includes:
Company Profit Sharing Bonus & 401k Plan
Health, dental and vision insurance for employee AND eligible family members
– 5 Years Experience in Construction
– OSHA 30 Hour
– First Aid/CPR
– Has Reliable Transportation
– Organized & Proactive
– Works well with people
– Strong leadership
– Self motivated
Field Safety Coordinator
Job Description & Requirements