To maintain vehicles, on/off road equipment, production equipment and machinery with minimal supervision, as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain diesel/gas engines, hydraulic motors, hydraulic pumps, transmissions, and various other equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning hydraulic, electrical, mechanical systems and components using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Use of basic tools such as multi-meters, pipe benders, hand tools, etc.
- Understand and exercise the required safety precautions necessary to complete the job.
- Complete the assigned task in a timely and professional manner.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic Systems
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, oils, grease, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Must provide own tools
Required Education and Experience:
- Technical training; exposure to high-speed equipment.
- 2+ years of related experience in production machines.
- 2+ years maintaining on/off road equipment and vehicles
Preferred Education and Experience
- Engine repair
- Auto repair vocational school
- Hydraulic systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.