Provide high quality concrete anchored connection hardware that is placed in precast panels and will be used to hold a precast concrete structure together.
- Work as a team with other crew members.
- Maintain an organized and efficient work area.
- Perform the proper daily preventative maintenance as required.
- Weld rebar and/or anchoring studs on material by MIG welding in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure that each weld is per industry standard and of the highest quality.
- Determine when a weld is not sufficient enough and will need to be reworked.
- Utilize the proper safety gear/equipment that is provided.
- Change out welding wire and shielding gas when needed.
- Work closely with the shop foreman to determine what order material will need to be welded.
- Help keep all other areas of the department clean and organized.
- Basic understanding of the working/moving parts of a MIG welder
- Ability to read shop drawings
Required Education and Experience:
- Welding Certification in accordance with Structural Welding Code D1.4
- 4 Certification can possibly be obtained after employment begins if other certifications, such as D1.1, can be provided.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 year in fabrication environment
- 1 year MIG welding experience
- 1 year SMAW welding experience