Coreslab Structures (CONN) Inc., a leading manufacturer of architectural precast concrete cladding and structural panels located in Thomaston CT, has an opening for an experienced Plant Manager.
The plant manager is responsible for all operations associated with planning, executing and delivering precast concrete products. He/She will lead the team to achieve annual safety, quality, efficiency, delivery and spending goals. He/She will direct operations to insure customer ship dates are met while meeting or exceeding expectations on performance to estimate. He/She will develop the necessary skills and abilities of direct reports to meet these objectives and future organization requirements.
Coreslab Structures (CONN) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Leads the tactical implementation of safety initiatives consistent with the annual plan and based upon safety results for areas of responsibility. Holds supervisors accountable for meeting their ongoing safety responsibilities.
- Has the potential to grow into incremental responsibility to include material handling..
- Develops a zero based budget for his/her plant and actively manages it to ensure targets are met.
- Develops a capital plan for his/her plant that takes into account safety, business continuity and continuous improvement.
- Attends scheduling and departmental planning sessions for input and general knowledge concerning upcoming work. Consults with Planning and Production Control and/or Purchasing to coordinate and adjust the flow of products and materials through production and/or yard operations to ensure appropriate product flow and meet efficiencies.
- Analyzes production methods and suggests improvements to maximize profitability. Assists in the research and development of new processes.
- Gives input and assists in the justifying and selecting the best equipment to improve efficiencies in the operations.
- Contacts outside vendors and contractors for estimates of work to be performed on the premises.
- Keeps abreast of the industry in order to be aware of new methods, equipment, etc.
- Directs, instructs, and assists direct reports with checking and planning work as to methods and procedures. Assists supervisors with co-worker accountability relative to standards of performance, safety, quality, company rules and regulations, and other matters affecting their work.
- Consults with Quality Control as necessary to ensure production standards are clear and achieved.
- Coordinates and controls special projects, as assigned by the V.P. General Manager.
- Works with Project Management as required to adjust product delivery or provide information, data, or input to facilitate field operations. Visits jobs sites as required to support customer requirements.
- Looks for ongoing continuous improvement opportunities throughout areas of responsibility. Serves as a change agent who continuously challenges the status quo.
- Maintains discipline, fosters positive co-worker relations, and strives to build morale. Guides supervisors in the evaluation, training, recommended promotion, etc. of all co-workers under his supervision. build trust by attending co-worker communication meetings, agreed upon events and conducting regular shop walk-throughs.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Degree in Business or technical field (structural, civil, mechanical or industrial engineering) required.
- Experience in leading a team using lean manufacturing principals.
- Experience in managing a capital budget or projects.
- Experience in logistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products.
Please email your resume to:
or fax to: