POSITION: General Laborer
This job description reflects a general assignment of essential functions; it does not include or restrict all
the tasks that may be assigned.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under general supervision, performs general labor in the manufacture of prestress/precast concrete products and performs related work as required or assigned.
• perform manual labor
• contribute to the successful team effort
• utilize hand tools, power equipment, and machinery to assist in the setup, processing, and production of all
company products with required training
• maintain productivity and quality at the required levels for each task
• maintain order and housekeeping
• perform all occupational safety and hazard procedures in conjunction with all essential duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• methods, practices, tools, materials, and equipment used in the production of precast products
• occupational hazards and proper safety precautions
• use of equipment, machines, and tools used in a production process
• use and/or operate various types of tools, machinery, and equipment safely and efficiently
• maintain production rate at the required level
• measure material and/or parts using a tape measure or other measuring devices
• follow oral and written instruction
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
• communicate effectively and at an appropriate level for this classification
GRADES (general description of the minimum requirements):
Grade A – completes complex and varying product layouts from drawings and specifications with little or no supervision at required productivity rates and quality levels.
Grade B – completes basic and consistent product layouts from drawings and specifications with little supervision at required productivity rates and quality levels.
Grade C – completes processes (several tasks in series) with moderate supervision at required productivity rates and quality levels. Able to identify, retrieve, and place various components and parts basic understanding of measuring devices and/or dimensions.
Grade D – completes individual tasks with direct supervision at required productivity rates and quality levels. Able to identify, retrieve, and place various components and parts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employees may be exposed to:
• moving mechanical/electrical parts and equipment
• fumes or airborne particles
• metal preservatives
• oils, chemicals and greases
• loud noises
• heat/cold/wet conditions
• working above ground
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this classification, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; talk and hear, see and focus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move heavy objects, up to and exceeding 50 pounds.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this classification. Must complete and possess all required company training and certification before operating any machinery, equipment, or tools. Must be able to work overtime on short notice, which could exceed 8 hours per shift and/or 40 hours per workweek.
“I have read and understand all the essential duties/responsibilities, physical demands, and the work environment of this job classification. I understand that if I would need any type of accommodation to successfully do this job, I must notify this company, in writing, of those accommodations.”
Print Employee’s Name: _________________________________
Employee’s Signature: ___________________________________
Date Received: ______________
Supervisor’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: ___________
Please send resume to:
Attention: Ayana Pantoja
or send to:
Coreslab Structures (KANSAS) Inc.
759 S 65th Street
Kansas City, KS 66111