The position of Precast Chief Engineer carries the responsibility of performing the design calculations and detailing for a given project, as well supervising and training of junior engineers. The Precast Chief Engineer will report to the Drafting and Design Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing engineering designs and analysis required for a project including member design, connection design, handling and transportation, detailing, etc.
- Create efficient and economic designs that are constructible.
- Communicates internally with lead drafter, engineers, project manager, sales, estimating, production, and erection during throughout the project.
- Communicates externally with Structural Engineer of Record and the Architect
- Perform various engineering checks during each phase of the drafting process to ensure engineering design and detailing is being followed.
- Organize and maintain the project calculations in an orderly and professional manner.
- Manage Coreslab Standard Connection and Designs
- Manage and train junior engineers.
- Assist the production department with questions and or issues.
- Design concrete repairs for remedial action when required.
- Occasional site visit to perform a Field Report to ensure pieces are installed correctly and connections are being made per the erection details.
- Graduate of accredited University with a BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 5 to 10 years minimum experience in in the Precast Prestressed Concrete Field
- PE or SE License (AZ and NV Preferred or ability to obtain)
- Proficient at reading contract documents as well as shop drawings and details
- Possess the knowledge and understanding of various building codes and design standards such as IBC, ASCE 7 ACI 318, AISC, PCI.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MathCAD, F.E.M. Software, and can easily learn various engineering software programs used for design
- Basic proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit Preferred)
- Knowledge of basic concrete repairs
- Strong Work Ethic
- Highly Organized
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a face paced environment