The successful applicant will be responsible for the efficient management
of Engineering Design and Project Management and Control of Materials
of all products processed as well as the complete operation of Engineering,
Drafting and Quality Control, in order to achieve a high quality product
at the lowest cost.
- Achieves economy of engineering materials in preliminary and final designs.
- Assigns design tasks to design engineers and contractual work to consultants.
- Develops subordinate engineers in the department.
- Prepares design and drafting estimates.
- Prepares weekly schedules.
- Ensures efficient and economic department operation.
- Monitors schedules and required delivery dates with Design Engineers and Job Coordinators.
- Assist Sales, Production and Erection in solving issues.
- Ensures departmental cooperation with purchasing department in achieving economical and timely acquisition of materials.
- Innovates methods and systems to improve efficiency of production and erection.
- Ensures that personal knowledge and skills are continuously upgraded to meet the requirements of the position.
- Precast/Prestressed design experience.
- Registered S.E. in New Mexico(or ability to become registered)
- Experience with Architectural and Structural Projects
- Product experience includes double tees, columns, beams, spandrels, shear walls, insulated walls, bridge beams, cladding
- Familiar with IBC building codes
- PCI and ACI design requirements
- Stripping, handling, shipping and erection analysis